The Joint Physiotherapy and Allied Health are here to help our wider community through these challenging times, and will remain open. Measures have been put in place for continuity of our health care services via our COVID-19 action plan and we have implemented Telehealth services for online consults where required.
These measures have been implemented to ensure we remain open and able to help our valued patients, but also play an important role in supporting our broader healthcare system.
Our healthcare workers in hospitals are doing an AMAZING job right now!
Physiotherapists and Allied Health professionals in the community will play a large role in “easing the pressure” on our healthcare system for patients who:
- Have acute pain and/or injury that may end up in Emergency Department that does not require hospital admission, and can be managed in the community with your GP, Pharmacist and Allied Health professionals
- Are unable to have Elective Surgery for Pain Conditions
- Have chronic conditions that require to be managed in the community, to prevent unnecessary hospitalisations
- Who have underlying respiratory conditions that require chest physiotherapy and specific exercise treatment via Telehealth, to prevent infection and unnecessary hospitalisation.
- Who require specialised odema/swelling management and specific exercise to prevent infection and hospitalisation
And remember…Pain doesn’t take a holiday and your rehabilitation doesn’t take a holiday.
During times like these, where we are under more stress, anxiety and isolation, pain levels can increase. Poorly managed pain or ceased rehab programs will present greater problems down the track. We will continue to deliver our normal high levels of allied health health services to our community, whilst ensuring we continue to maintain our high standards of client and staff safety via our ever evolving COVID-19 action plan.
We will continue to keep you informed.
Please ask our team if you have any questions, including ways to keep you and your family healthy in the upcoming months. We are here to help.